LinuxPPC and UmaxPulsar

Post by Christi » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
does LinuxPPC support the second processor slot of the Umax, the mercury
scsi+ethernet card and the MacPicasso540?
And is software for multiproccesing avaiable?

Thanks chris.

LinuxPPC and UmaxPulsar

Post by Dietmar Herrend?rfe » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Quote:> does LinuxPPC support the second processor slot of the Umax, the mercury
> scsi+ethernet card and the MacPicasso540?
> And is software for multiproccesing avaiable?

1) Second Processor:
The standard distribution doesn't include MP support. The current kernel
supports multiple processors for the PowerMac (not CHRP, PReP, ...),
which to my knowledge includes the Umax Pulsar. I don't know for certain
though, my UMAX Pulsar has a G3 board, i.e. isn't MP capable.

2) Mercury SCSI+Ethernet:
No idea.

3) MacPicasso540
The card is working fine but still with the OpenFirmware driver only (that
is
it's not fast). I am still trying to find the time to work on it myself.

Dietmar Herrend?rfer