Which kernel for usb-storage driver for USB HD?

Which kernel for usb-storage driver for USB HD?

Post by Ben Burc » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I have an external USB HD which I would like to be able to use under YDL
on my iMac.

What kernel version is most likely to win?  And where do I get it?

Many Thanks!
--
Ben Burch

Post by Stephane LOUIS » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I have an external USB HD which I would like to be able to use under YDL
> on my iMac.

> What kernel version is most likely to win?  And where do I get it?

The best way with highly experimental stuff is to compile your
own kernel. Take the latest Paul's 2.2 kenerl, read the documentation,
read http://www.linux-usb.org to find out weather or not patching
the kernel with the latest USB backport, then compile , it is not
that hard ;)

Or may be you may try the 2.4.0test kernels ?

mata ne
--
luigi