7300/200

Post by Peter Bruyndonck » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Before I start installing MkLinux, could some one tell me if it runs on
a power Macintosh 7300/200

Peter

7300/200

Post by John H Palmier » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Before I start installing MkLinux, could some one tell me if it runs on
> a power Macintosh 7300/200

The short answer is "yes".  The longer answer is, "yes, with a bit of
tinkering".  The best answer is "look it up in the FAQ-O-matic", which
can be found at

  http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/lppc/faq.pl

When I searched for '7300', I found several matches, including the following:

  http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/lppc/faq.pl?_highlightW...

  http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/lppc/faq.pl?_highlightW...

I have a 7300/200 and have used MkLinux on it; I usually use
linux-pmac, though.  (Both operating systems can co-exist on the same
hard drive, so it is easy to switch back and forth and see which you
like better.)  See the FAQ-O-Matic for details.

--
John H. Palmieri, Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, University of Notre Dame

7300/200

Post by Eduard Hoenkam » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Before I start installing MkLinux, could some one tell me if it runs on
> a power Macintosh 7300/200

> Peter

  It runs very well on my 7300/166. gr Edward.

1. 7300/200 debian AppleVision 17 monitor - X 3.3.6 woes

Greetings all!

I have a Power Mac 7300/200, debian installed, and X 3.3.6.

I'm using the FBDev xserver, as indicated.

The monitor settings are:

HorizSync  30-80
VertRefresh  40-120

I have not changed the modelines yet from the defaults there in
XF86Config.

One:  my ADB mouse does not work.  dmesg says that it got detected,
though.  I've tried the tips on a website or two, to no avail.

Two:  it looks like the screen, when I do startx, shows up as a 640
width, but it seems to be only the top 1/4 of the screen.  the debian
background is stretched across this screen (virtual?)  and of course,
since the mouse does not work, I have to ctrl-cmd-F1 to get out.

are my monitor settings incorrect?  Special modelines to use?  anyone
using this combo successfully?  any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry

2. send system call.

3. Power Mac 7300/200

4. Sound Blaster Live

5. Compaq Hard Drive in a 7300/200 with SuSE 7.0

6. Troubles installing Xterm HP in a system with Linux Debian 1.3

7. Newbie Question:Epson 740 on 7300/200(ADB)

8. Redhat Linux 5.1 has Internet security holes

9. OF booting YellowDog on pm 7300/200 - Dan, you there?

10. Debian 3 r1 (Woody) PowerMac 7300/200 Sound?

11. Recc. Linux dist. f/ PowerMac 7300/200

12. MkLinux on 7300/200

13. NEWBIE: PPC 7300/200 and linux