MkLinux: SCSI ID:0 Bus: 1

Post by Eric Brueggema » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to make a HD attached to a PCI SCSI card my boot device for
MkLinux.  I can't seem to figure out what to specify as the rootdev in the
lilo.conf file from the MkLinux Control Panel.  How do I specify a device
on Bus ID: 1 , SCSI ID: 0?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

--
-----------------------------
Eric Brueggemann

Box 270, 3700 Spruce St.
Philadelphia, Pa 19104
(215) 417-5463

MkLinux: SCSI ID:0 Bus: 1

Post by Jerry Quin » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to make a HD attached to a PCI SCSI card my boot device for
> MkLinux.  I can't seem to figure out what to specify as the rootdev in the
> lilo.conf file from the MkLinux Control Panel.  How do I specify a device
> on Bus ID: 1 , SCSI ID: 0?

If you are running update 6 or earlier (also including the first wip after
update 6), MkLinux folds the two buses together.  In other words, only the ID
matters and you can't have the same ID on both bus 0 and bus 1.  If you only
have a single ID 0 drive, it would be /dev/sda.

--
Jerry Quinn              Tel: (514) 761-8737

Speech Technology Infrastructure

1. "Install MkLinux" SCSI ID # and BUS #!

Hello, it sounds like a few people are having this problem...

The DR2.1 CD's "Install Linux" application asks for the SCSI ID where I
should look for a valid partition. Well, it fails to ask which scsi bus to
look on. I happen to have three scsi busses and would like to load to a
Jaz on an external one. (I have done it while the Jaz was internal.)

Any solutions short of hardware hacking into the internal bus? (Which I
have done with a custom cable, but would like to avoid.)

Thank you,

Michael Dexter

2. Problem with the installation of RedHat 4.2

3. Support for multiple SCSI busses in MkLinux yet?

4. ppp problems

5. MKlinuX install question (SCSI buses)

6. What is on floppyB27.fs ??

7. scsi: WARNING: /pci@8,700000/scsi@1,1 (glm3): got SCSI bus reset

8. Booting from Pentium

9. scsi IDs order in scsi chain

10. CHINON 535 SCSI, Linux /= scsi id 7

11. ide-scsi, 1394-sbp2 and usb-storage scsi host ids

12. SCSI disk error : host 1 channel 0 id 4 - L440GX , Adaptec AIC7xx and RedHat SCSI Errors

13. SCSI ID changed after adding SCSI Controller