Help! Can't get mol running

Post by Riccardo Gus » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

I've an iMac rev.b with Yellowdog CS 1.1 and kernel
kernel-pmac-2.2.6-16b. I' ve tried both the pre-compiled
mol-0.9.41-1.ppc.rpm, but when mol start the screen goes very dark and I
just can see the windows of kde but can do nothing in that of mol except
for closing it, and to compile the mol-0.9.41-1.src.rpm, but I got this
strange (for me) error:
console_video.c: In function `set_powermode':
console_video.c:446: `FBIOBLANK' undeclared (first use in this function)
console_video.c:446: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
console_video.c:446: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [obj/console_video.o] Error 1
make: *** [_subdir_drivers] Error 2
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Bye.
               Rick

"And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
 What can I possibly say?
 I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
 I'm glad you stood in my way."
      L. Cohen, "Famous blue raincoat"

Help! Can't get mol running

Post by Riccardo Gus » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

I suppose the error in using the pre-compiled version is here:

Video module 'console_video' not installed.

MODE: 640*480, depth 8, 0.0 Hz
MODE: 800*600, depth 8, 0.0 Hz
MODE: 1024*768, depth 8, 0.0 Hz
MODE: 1152*864, depth 8, 0.0 Hz
MODE: 1280*1024, depth 8, 0.0 Hz
MODE: 1600*1200, depth 8, 0.0 Hz
No video mode match the default one.
Starting in video mode 640*480, depth 8, 0.0 Hz  [offs:0, rb:640]
^^^^

I tried to edit the /etc/fb.modes to match the three modes I'm using on
my iMac by the XF86config.iMac I downloaded from YellowDog site and
whose details I can see using 'fbset' command, but nothing has happened:
when Mol starts the screen goes dark and I just can see the window, but
I can do nothing.
Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Bye.

    Rick

"And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
 What can I possibly say?
 I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
 I'm glad you stood in my way."
      L. Cohen, "Famous blue raincoat"

1. Getting mol to run

Okay, this is the big problem

i'm getting the error message "failed applying the MOL-patches to the
kernel"

I've read the site and it says to add the kernel location to the line
so

startmol <kernel>

or

startmol System.map

only problem is, i'm using bootx so my kernel isn't on a linux
filesystem (i'm running bootx off a hfs+ drive).

so i sort of need to know how to get a current System.map or the kernel
or something to get it started.

any help will be greeted with open arms

2. SLiRP/PPP connection is jerky

3. MOL: can't load mol.o

4. Media Vision mult. kit cdrom

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. Case insensitive SSI #if statement?

7. Solaris 8 Companion CD

8. mol problems update (was: about to give up on MOL)

9. MOL: Mapping GC at F3000000: Unmapped 'RAM-read-acces',08000000

10. Help Help Help MOL

11. MoL running OS X with Debian

12. starting mol on a lombard running a ben1 kernel, my error logs - attached files (1/1)