7300/200 debian AppleVision 17 monitor - X 3.3.6 woes

7300/200 debian AppleVision 17 monitor - X 3.3.6 woes

Post by Larry Johnso » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:00:20

Greetings all!

I have a Power Mac 7300/200, debian installed, and X 3.3.6.

I'm using the FBDev xserver, as indicated.

The monitor settings are:

HorizSync  30-80
VertRefresh  40-120

I have not changed the modelines yet from the defaults there in
XF86Config.

One:  my ADB mouse does not work.  dmesg says that it got detected,
though.  I've tried the tips on a website or two, to no avail.

Two:  it looks like the screen, when I do startx, shows up as a 640
width, but it seems to be only the top 1/4 of the screen.  the debian
background is stretched across this screen (virtual?)  and of course,
since the mouse does not work, I have to ctrl-cmd-F1 to get out.

are my monitor settings incorrect?  Special modelines to use?  anyone
using this combo successfully?  any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry