No Linux on G3?

Post by Li Tak Sin » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

My G3 has an IDE drive and when I tried to install linux, it kept on
asking
for the scsi id of the drive to which linux will go.  Is it possible to
install
linux on G3 without scsi drive?

T.S. Li

No Linux on G3?

Post by Eric Benne » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> My G3 has an IDE drive and when I tried to install linux, it kept on
> asking
> for the scsi id of the drive to which linux will go.  Is it possible to
> install
> linux on G3 without scsi drive?

Not currently.  Ability to install onto an IDE drive should be added in
MkLinux DR3.

--

http://www.pobox.com/~ericb (Follow "About Me" link for PGP key)

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. MS adopts UNIX

3. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

4. programmer's editor

5. NOS/NET/Wampes for linux

6. Q: USB-ATA HD

7. linux NOS

8. Mouse compatibility with X?

9. Does Linux IPIP tunnelling work with Cisco NOS tunnels?

10. OF screen Alias for G3 (was Boot device on PM G3/233)

11. Powerlogix G3 ZIP 466/233 on Beige G3 + LinuxPPC 99

12. sendfax: ascii->G3, ps->G3

13. G3 Processor Upgrade Card Crescendo G3/L2 1M