bootable LinuxPPC disk& Toast

Post by David Ga » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Can somebody tell me how to make an bootable LinuxPPC install CD with the
LinuxPPC_2000_Full.image file and Toast 4.1.2 ?

--
David Gall, PhD
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie (CP601)

bootable LinuxPPC disk& Toast

Post by David Ga » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> + Can somebody tell me how to make an bootable LinuxPPC install CD with the
> + LinuxPPC_2000_Full.image file and Toast 4.1.2 ?

> 1. download the file in binary mode
> 1a. Expand the file using Stuffit Expander if the file has a .bin suffix
> 2. *do not mount the downloaded image*
> 3. start Toast
> 4. Use Format --> Disc Image in Toast

 I can t find Disc Image in the Format menu... (Toast 4.1.2)

--

Post by a.. » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:50:04

>+>
>+> + Can somebody tell me how to make an bootable LinuxPPC install CD with the
>+> + LinuxPPC_2000_Full.image file and Toast 4.1.2 ?
>+>
>+> 1. download the file in binary mode
>+> 1a. Expand the file using Stuffit Expander if the file has a .bin suffix
>+> 2. *do not mount the downloaded image*
>+> 3. start Toast
>+> 4. Use Format --> Disc Image in Toast

>+  I can t find Disc Image in the Format menu... (Toast 4.1.2)

The OEM versions of Toast that ship with new CD burners cannot burn
bootable CD's. You need to get the Deluxe version or an older version. If
you can make an extra partition on an internal hard drive, you can copy
the image to the HD partition and boot from there. Use Disk Copy that
comes on your OS install disk to mount the image file (after expanding).
You may need to change Yaboot.conf to look on the hd instad of cd.

T. Nemec

1. Make a DOS bootable floppy-disk/image bootable from Linux?

Hi there-

A while ago I saw a program that would allow you to put DOS system
file onto a floppy-disk or a disk image from linux (and actually
have it be bootable).  Has anyone out here heard of that program?
I would like to make a 2.88MB DOS bootable image but I lack a 2.88MB
drive :)

Thanks for help.
--

Chris Selivanow
Lead Technician

716 624-7210 (Sales)
716 582-1600 (Support)
716 624-3465 (Fax)

2. Remote printing problem

3. kernel panic on root fsck; is disk toast?

4. SOS: undefined reference dlclose

5. Creating a bootable Disk from a removable SCSI Disk

6. EIDE flaw -- what kernel version is the fix in?

7. Lilo on a Zip disk OR how to make a Zip disk bootable

8. Invisible (?) RAM on DELL Inspiron 3000

9. M1 disk toast. Where can I get one ?

10. toasted hard disk boot sector

11. Formatting disks for linux/ bootable disks?

12. Q: disk copy to create bootable disk

13. Burning disk .img with Toast - some help