Sound - PowerBook 3400 - Debian 3.0

Post by Axd2 » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:01:40

It seems like it's possible to make sound work but I'm definitely missing
something here (no sound, and when kde starts it diplays some warnings about
it).
The kernel is 2.2 and I used 'modconf' to install modules related to dmasound
and soundcore. I also made changes to the 'modules.conf' as suggested by Henrik
Farre for PB 3400 but to no purpose.
What am I missing here?

Sound - PowerBook 3400 - Debian 3.0

Post by Ma » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:46:59

Try
<http://www.cs.auc.dk/~enrique/linux/laptop.html>
Best
Mac

Post by Ma » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:47:24

Try
<http://www.cs.auc.dk/~enrique/linux/laptop.html>
Best
Mac

> It seems like it's possible to make sound work but I'm definitely missing
> something here (no sound, and when kde starts it diplays some warnings about
> it).
> The kernel is 2.2 and I used 'modconf' to install modules related to dmasound
> and soundcore. I also made changes to the 'modules.conf' as suggested by
Henrik
> Farre for PB 3400 but to no purpose.
> What am I missing here?

1. Debian/PowerBook 3400

I've installed Debian (potato) on my PB 3400. I'm a Linux Newbie, and
the machine setup is different from a PC setup; also the PPC
installation routines are not complete yet and there seems to be no
documentation? Please post some URLs on Linux-on-PPC(Mac)-documentation,
I'm lost! Here are my two worst problems:

I can't print off my StyleWriter1200. I installed lpr and generated
/etc/printcap with the help of magicfilterconfig, it's set to bj200. But
which port to print to? An ext. modem works at ttyS0, the port itself is
initialized as tty00 at startup?

X... I used apt-get install xserver-fbdev, fonts and so on, a couple of
window managers just in case,... Unfortunately there is no XF86Setup for
PPC? The server dies at startup, "no valid modes found".

I then copied the working /etc/X11 from my LinuxPPC 2000 lite over to
Debian; it doesn't work. The same goes for gpm; the mouse works on the
consoles with LPPC2kl, but not with Debian.

2. I could run X on ThinkPad 365XD DSTN model

3. PowerBook 3400 modem

4. remote printing on LaserWriter

5. Powerbook 3400 and R5

6. module sound & midi

7. powerbook 3400 and tulip

8. zaurus

9. ifconfig reports wrong HWaddr on powerbook 3400

10. Powerbook 3400, PC Card ISDN, and PPP...

11. Right click on a PowerBook 3400?

12. More serial ports for Powerbook 3400 in OS9/Linux, any way?

13. Need Help with PowerBook 3400 install