Error installing MKLinux DR3 (NOT bootstrap.conf problem)

Error installing MKLinux DR3 (NOT bootstrap.conf problem)

Post by Andrew Carlo » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

While installing MKLinux DR3 off the CD that came with the reference
release, I keep receiving the following panic message:

version string Mac 3.0 Version (PMK 1.1): gilbert <osfmk>; Wed Jun 10
17:45:08 PDT 1998; mac_kernal/PRODUCTION (venus.apple.com)

Backtrace: 0025f31c 00212454 0029065c 002a0e24 0021daac 0021dfe8
00224590 00225430

This happens while the Red Hat installer is actually installing files,
while I am telling it the proper configurations, etc.  Once it even
happened when I was *launching* the installer.  Does anyone know what
is happening here who can help a poor Linux newbie out?

I am installing this on an external SCSI hard drive, on a
PowerComputing PowerBase 240 (Yes, I know...), with 240 MHz, 24 MB
RAM, with an internal SCSI CD-ROM drive.

| Andrew Carlon        | Phone: (253) 848-0583        |

|-----------------------------------------------------|
| Public PGP 5.0 key available upon request           |
|-----------------------------------------------------|
| It is impossible to imagine the universe run by a   |
| wise, just and omnipotent God, but it is quite easy |
| to imagine it run by a board of gods. If such a     |
| board actually exists it operates precisely like the|
| board of a corporation that is losing money.        |
|                             -H.L. Mencken           |
|_____________________________________________________|

1. Can't find bootstrap.conf after mklinux DR3 installation

I installed mklinux DR3 from the CD-ROM. After installation, following
the instructions, I booted into MacOS and edited my lilo.conf file as
required. Upon reboot to MkLinux I got and error message saying the
bootstrap.conf file could not be found. I checked and double checked to
ensure that I entered the right partition address. My MacOS partition is
HFS+, but from my understanding the HFS+ problem only relates to
installation problems.

Nonetheless, I installed the core MacOS on a ZIP drive, along with all
the related MkLinux files and tried booting from the ZIP. I still got
the same message.

Any ideas?

--

Robin Steed
Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

"If necessity is the mother of invention,
insomnia is the womb!"

2. Wierdness with RPC's and SCO System V (Help!)

3. DR3 install, help needed with bootstrap.conf

4. Filenames from i-node

5. Q: MkLinux syntax error in bootstrap.conf

6. Changing terminal type in shell??

7. Still can't find bootstrap.conf in pre-DR3

8. awk and simple for loop error

9. MkLinux on 3400 invalid bootstrap.conf

10. MkLinux FTP install bootstrap problem

11. Problems installing MkLinux pre-DR3

12. Install problems with Mklinux DR3 on G3 Desktop

13. Problems installing MkLinux DR3