KDE with other window managers

Post by Ric » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am using KDE formthe LinuxPPC 4.1 CD. Inthe login screen, it gives you
a (very) small choice of window managers.. I am assumiing to substitute
for the KDE Window Manager. When I select an altenate window manager..
nothing happens.. KDE boots right into the KDE Desktop... which I hate.

.. so, how do I go about switching Window managers... I would
particularly like to add mlvwm... the "Mac-Like" window manager, but the
others would be OK to look at.

Any and all help appreciated.

Post by Doug William » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> .. so, how do I go about switching Window managers

Check out these two pages:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~jonh/lppc-serve/cache/474.html
http://intermountain.com/~duncan/ppc/X11_help.html

And remember to setuid root the Xpmac executable

-=[doug]=-

1. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

I like using ICE as my w.m.  but sometimes I like the look of
WindowMaker.  How can I open this up in Ice.

also, can I use KDE as my default and then be able to use Ice or WM as
above?  The only reason I'm asking is that KDE is an environment while
the other two are managers.

also , does anyone know where i can get a tutorial or a good web site
on Ice.  the main site seems to be down or misplaces or something.

2. NCR 815 chipset support...

3. Running X session within another Window Manager like kde

4. Linux boot code

5. Sound unavailable when entering KDE windows manager...

6. Console font (best of my).

7. RH 5.2 ; KDE 1.1 ; how switch windows manager in X ????

8. Dosemu 0.60.2

9. (KDE) kpanel: waiting for window manager

10. KDE and Gnome compliant Windows manager?

11. Question Regarding KDE & Window Manager

12. changing window manager from inside kde

13. Using different window manager with KDE 2.2