Linux PPC and Netscape 4.0.5

Post by William von Eckenfel » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I just installed LinuxPPC on my Star Max 3000  160 603e, and when trying
to run Netscape I keep getting no DNS entry messages. My ppp is
configured right, I've checked it 3 times.Help is appreciated. Also is
there a later version of Netscape for LinuxPPC avaliable for download?

Linux PPC and Netscape 4.0.5

Post by ramer » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I just installed LinuxPPC on my Star Max 3000  160 603e, and when trying
> to run Netscape I keep getting no DNS entry messages. My ppp is
> configured right, I've checked it 3 times.Help is appreciated. Also is
> there a later version of Netscape for LinuxPPC avaliable for download?

Take a look at the file /etc/resolv.conf  I was having this problem until
I realized that the pppd was failing to properly write the addresses
of the configured nameservers to this file.  Instead of
nameserver 207.217.X.Y
nameserver 207.217.P.Q

I was seeing
nameserver (^(&^.)&)(.X.Y   #kppp temporary entry
nameserver (*&).^%*$.P.Q

Put the as many nameserver lines in this file as you have nameservers and
you should have more success.

Kevin

1. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

Netscape was inviting me to download
what they called
Netscape 6.1 English language, X11 Linux 2.2.18-4hpmac ppc.

What eventually came down the line was
netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz.

Which I stopped very quickly.

Any comments?

Heinz

2. elm & less (Re: Pager that isn't painful?)

3. Help: Java under Netscape 4.5, linux-ppc

4. GCC question

5. Netscape Segmentation fault linux-ppc

6. ISDN cards

7. Linux PPC R5 and Netscape

8. Getting Started with Linux

9. Where to get up-to-date Netscape for PPC Linux?

10. strong encryption netscape and linux-ppc????

11. Fixing Old PPC G3 with Latest Release of PPC Linux

12. Linux PPC with an Amiga PPC Board

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.