Japanese Powerbook Keyboard

Post by Roberto Maria Avanzi Mocenig » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

My girlfriend has a Powerbook with
a Japanese Keyboard.

Is there a keymap for this keyboard, and how do
we install it ?  Moreover what are the tools and
the fonts to write kanji (we get it in netscape,
but cannot write it) as well as hiragana/katagana.

I know that Emacs and Gnome support unicode (and
maybe other encodings) and I have even seen
screenshots (of Clisp) displaying western
characters and kanji in the same text ?

Please respond in english (I still cannot
understand japanese, have patience !).

Roberto
--
/_/   Roberto Maria Avanzi Mocenigo
_/  "All musics are created equal"  Peter Schickele

Japanese Powerbook Keyboard

Post by Naoya Sud » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

For Japanese keymap, see this page with your girlfriend's help, or be
patient! It is simple single page.

http://ppc.linux.or.jp/~yoshino/keymap.html

Naoya

Quote:> My girlfriend has a Powerbook with
> a Japanese Keyboard.

> Is there a keymap for this keyboard, and how do
> we install it ?  Moreover what are the tools and
> the fonts to write kanji (we get it in netscape,
> but cannot write it) as well as hiragana/katagana.

> I know that Emacs and Gnome support unicode (and
> maybe other encodings) and I have even seen
> screenshots (of Clisp) displaying western
> characters and kanji in the same text ?

> Please respond in english (I still cannot
> understand japanese, have patience !).

> Roberto

Japanese Powerbook Keyboard

Post by Roberto Maria Avanzi Mocenig » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Arigatou gozaimasu !

I will check this page later.

Roberuto

Il giorno di Nostro Signore 05.12.99, ecco cosa scrisse Naoya Suda:

> For Japanese keymap, see this page with your girlfriend's help, or be
> patient! It is simple single page.

> http://ppc.linux.or.jp/~yoshino/keymap.html

> Naoya

> > My girlfriend has a Powerbook with
> > a Japanese Keyboard.

> > Is there a keymap for this keyboard, and how do
> > we install it ?  Moreover what are the tools and
> > the fonts to write kanji (we get it in netscape,

/_/  Roberto Maria Avanzi
_/  Institut fr Experimentelle Mathematik / Universit?t Essen
/  Ellernstra?e 29 / 45326 Essen / Germany

Post by Roberto Maria Avanzi Mocenig » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> For Japanese keymap, see this page with your girlfriend's help, or be
> patient! It is simple single page.

> http://ppc.linux.or.jp/~yoshino/keymap.html

Thank you again.

I have three questions:

Did you use it with a PB G3 or a G3 Series ?

Does the 2400 have the "FN" key ?

Did you use it also under LinuxPPC ?

I had still no time to install it.

Thank you again
 Roberto

Roberto
--

Post by Roberto Maria Avanzi Mocenig » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Dear Roberto,

> >> For Japanese keymap, see this page with your girlfriend's help, or be
> >> patient! It is simple single page.

> >> http://ppc.linux.or.jp/~yoshino/keymap.html

> > Thank you again.

> > I have three questions:

> > Did you use it with a PB G3 or a G3 Series ?
>      I use it with PowerBook2400c/180.

> > Does the 2400 have the "FN" key ?
>      Yes.  [F 1] - [F12]. I mealy use them though.

No, sorry, nothe these keys.
There is a key with only "fn" on it
which is used to pet "pg up", "pg dn" when
pressed together with the up arrow, down
arrow, and also emulates a numeric key pad
in the middle of the keyboard.

Quote:> > Did you use it also under LinuxPPC ?
>      Yes.
>      I have only used it under LinuxPPC (R4, R5 1999, Q3).

That's very good news.

Roberto

/_/  Roberto Maria Avanzi
_/  Institut fr Experimentelle Mathematik / Universit?t Essen
/  Ellernstra?e 29 / 45326 Essen / Germany

Japanese Powerbook Keyboard

Post by Naoya Sud » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Dear Roberto,

Quote:>> For Japanese keymap, see this page with your girlfriend's help, or be
>> patient! It is simple single page.

>> http://ppc.linux.or.jp/~yoshino/keymap.html

> Thank you again.

> I have three questions:

> Did you use it with a PB G3 or a G3 Series ?

     I use it with PowerBook2400c/180.

Quote:> Does the 2400 have the "FN" key ?

     Yes.  [F 1] - [F12]. I mealy use them though.

Quote:> Did you use it also under LinuxPPC ?

     Yes.
     I have only used it under LinuxPPC (R4, R5 1999, Q3).

Quote:> I had still no time to install it.

Good luck.

--
Naoya Suda

1. URGENT HELP: Japanese user wants mail and staroffice in Japanese(Kanji)

A Japanese customer needs to open Office (Word) documents and exchange
email in Japanese characters (I understand it is Kanji).

I noticed that RH 7.2 comes with several packages related to Japanese
support but I don't know where/how to start.

RH72 would be installed in English [to make my tech-support life
easier :-) ], and then the user would read/send email in Japanese or
use Staroffice to read Word docs in Kanji characters.

I need help about where to start; basic and detailed info will be
appreciated, since I'm not familiar with the issues involved.

Redhat linux will be highly preferred since it standardized in this
environment. If there is a good solution with another linux distro,
please send info too.

Replies can be posted to the newsgroups directly or sent to my email
address.

Thanks.

2. COMMERCIAL: Drivers v1.0.7 for LML33 cards available Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

3. Japanese ftp sites (was Re: Japanese editor for LinuX)

4. CPU affinity & IPI latency

5. Problem with japanese Keyboard key \ (yen key) on 2.5.68

6. IDE ---> SCSI

7. Japanese and English keyboard on 4.1.3?

8. Digital Camera Support

9. Japanese keyboards and linux

10. RedHat 5.0, Japanese Keyboard

11. japanese keyboards

12. support japanese JP106 keyboard on new console.

13. Japanese keyboard on Red Hat 6.2