3 button adb mouse in X

Post by Magnus ?gre » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:22:14

Hello

I use SuSe 7.0 on a powerbook wallstreet.

I have a very nice logitech mouseman adb mouse with 3 buttons. Very hard
to get!!!

My problem is that all buttons behaves as button 1.:

I've attachd some of my dmesg:

adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f [14]: 3 1 [15]: 2 2
ADB keyboard at 2, handler 1
Detected ADB keyboard, type ISO, swapping keys.
input1: ADB HID on ID 2:2.c4
ADB keyboard at 15, handler set to 3
Detected ADB keyboard, type ANSI.
input2: ADB HID on ID 15:2.02
input3: ADB HID on ID 7:7.1f
ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4 (trackman/mouseman)
input4: ADB HID on ID 3:3.01
ADB mouse at 14, handler set to 4 (trackpad)
input5: ADB HID on ID 14:3.01

Has anyone had this problem??

Regards

/Magnus

1. YDL/CS 1.2: Emulate 3-button mouse w/ 1-button ADB?

Yes, yes, I know. Truly the ways of Linux I will never master until I
get a real mouse. So sue me. :-)

I've got an effectively one-button ADB mouse. This makes Gnome and KDE
rather, well, "challenging." I've read plenty of stuff about how Linux
for PPC is supposed to be able to map keyboard keys to the 2nd and 3rd
buttons -- but I'll be damned if I can figure out what they're talking
about.

I found the note about adding "adb_buttons=1,122,120" to the kernel
arguments. I will admit, I'm not entirely sure where you specify kernel
arguments. Does this mean the "extra kernel arguments" field in BootX?
If so, did that -- it didn't work.

What I'd =like= is if I can do what MacOS does, namely, instead of
mapping them to keys, map them to modifier-click combinations, like
open-apple-click for button 2 and control-click for 3. But nobody seems
to be doing that.

(By the way, among the things that messed me up; every OTHER weird OS or
emulator I've used mapped "alt" to the option key. It took me 20 minutes
to figure out that YDL mapped it to the open-apple key. Weird. And just
plain =wrong=, too, since the option key =says= "alt" on it as well.)

--

J. Brad Hicks
U.S. Shamanics & Mechanical Zen

http://www.us-shamanics.com/brad/

2. Computers & Haredware @ Best Prices

3. 7500 + XLR Carrier + Debian + ADB mouse + XFree86 = no mouse buttons

4. Lilo/ kernel 2.2.9 problems.

5. How to use the second mouse button with my adb-mouse ?

6. Request for Info 'bout Student Sys Admins

7. Logitech 3-button adb mouse?

8. serial console: LILO+getty ok, kernel not ok

9. The infamous MacAlly 2-button ADB mouse

10. G3 Powerbook (Wallstreet), ADB Mouse PPC 2000 Q4, 3 button emulation

11. Help - Emulated Mouse Buttons 2 & 3 (with ADB)?

12. working ADB 3 button mouse

13. 3 button ADB mouse suggestion?