MkLinux on 7300/200

Post by Lechiancole Simon » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When I try to install MkLDR3 on a 7300/200
machine, I get several lines like these

target 0: Sensed a Recovered error

What does this mean? I can boot regulary my
Mac into Linux but after few seconds I get
the same message above.
Can someone help me in my trouble?
Tanks

Simone

MkLinux on 7300/200

Post by Bob » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

Check out this link:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~jonh/lppc-serve/cache/447.html

My first major instal problem was that i did not limited my ram in the
lilo-conf.
Or search for you self and follow this link:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~jonh/lppc-serve/cache/106.html

After the installation i had a new problem, see my post at  03 04 99

I hope this will help, Bob

> When I try to install MkLDR3 on a 7300/200
> machine, I get several lines like these

> target 0: Sensed a Recovered error

> What does this mean? I can boot regulary my
> Mac into Linux but after few seconds I get
> the same message above.
> Can someone help me in my trouble?
> Tanks

> Simone

1. 7300/200 debian AppleVision 17 monitor - X 3.3.6 woes

Greetings all!

I have a Power Mac 7300/200, debian installed, and X 3.3.6.

I'm using the FBDev xserver, as indicated.

The monitor settings are:

HorizSync  30-80
VertRefresh  40-120

I have not changed the modelines yet from the defaults there in
XF86Config.

One:  my ADB mouse does not work.  dmesg says that it got detected,
though.  I've tried the tips on a website or two, to no avail.

Two:  it looks like the screen, when I do startx, shows up as a 640
width, but it seems to be only the top 1/4 of the screen.  the debian
background is stretched across this screen (virtual?)  and of course,
since the mouse does not work, I have to ctrl-cmd-F1 to get out.

are my monitor settings incorrect?  Special modelines to use?  anyone
using this combo successfully?  any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry

2. Logitech FirstMouse+ Unable to Scroll

3. Power Mac 7300/200

4. Is there a GENIUS in the house??

5. Compaq Hard Drive in a 7300/200 with SuSE 7.0

6. PCI SiS 6326

7. Newbie Question:Epson 740 on 7300/200(ADB)

8. OK, I'll byte

9. OF booting YellowDog on pm 7300/200 - Dan, you there?

10. 7300/200

11. Debian 3 r1 (Woody) PowerMac 7300/200 Sound?

12. Recc. Linux dist. f/ PowerMac 7300/200

13. NEWBIE: PPC 7300/200 and linux