Help for install MkLinux DR3 into PowerBook!!

Help for install MkLinux DR3 into PowerBook!!

Post by Vincent Cha » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I use PowerBook 1400c/166 64M Ram and MacOS 8.6. I want to install MkLinux
into our PowerBook. I depend on the book "Microkernel Linux for the Power
Macintosh" to install the program.
I partition my hard disk to two. One for Mac (HFS) and one for Linux (A/UX).
And I sucess to do it.
Because my CD-ROM is ATAPI CD-ROM. So, I step by step from the filename
"lilo.conf". Change the rootdev from "rootdev=/dev/scd0" to
"rootdev=/dev/hdc". When I restart the Mac OS and boot to MkLinux. I get the
black screen.
Anyone can help me what wrong?

Thanks You.

Vincent Chan

1. Install MKLinux DR3 into PowerBook 1400c/166

I use PowerBook 1400c/166 64M Ram and MacOS 8.6. I want to install MkLinux
into our PowerBook. I depend on the book "Microkernel Linux for the Power
Macintosh" to install the program.
I partition my hard disk to two. One for Mac (HFS) and one for Linux (A/UX).
And I sucess to do it.
Because my CD-ROM is ATAPI CD-ROM. So, I step by step from the filename
"lilo.conf". Change the rootdev from "rootdev=/dev/scd0" to
"rootdev=/dev/hdc". When I restart the Mac OS and boot to MkLinux. I get the
black screen.
Anyone can help me what wrong?

Thanks You.

Vincent Chan

2. Suse 7.2 update aborted because of no free space

3. MkLinux DR3, PowerBook 1400c

4. INETD & signal handling

5. Help: MKLinux DR3 - unable to install from CD

6. Michael Mouse

7. Help! Can't install MkLinux DR3...

8. Timer in Linux

9. MkLinux DR3 install through a firewall

10. Problems installing MkLinux pre-DR3

11. Install problems with Mklinux DR3 on G3 Desktop

12. Problems installing MkLinux DR3

13. MkLinux DR3 install problems