PDisk works on Mac, not properly under Linux

PDisk works on Mac, not properly under Linux

Post by Anthony Hopkin » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a big problem, I have successfully created my "root" and "swap"
partitions on my PB G3 (Lombard) under the MacOS; but when I go into
LinuxPPC (R5), pdisk doesn't acknowledge my disk (/dev/hda) as a disk
(message "no such device" is stated) and if I look in the partition
section of the installer program in XWindows, I am presented with no
partitions/info.  How can pdisk be made to recognize my "root" and
"swap" partitions in LinuxPPC (fdisk and Disk Druid also don't
recognize/acknowledge the partitions once again, like pdisk).

Furthermore, if you guys can help with the pdisk issue, I have a
problem where Norton Disk Doctor "repairs" my "root" and "swap" so they
are back to being HFS partitions; how do I stop and then make Norton
Disk Doctor properly recognise/not recognize my Linux partitions.

My partition map is as follows:

      *this is on a PB G3 (Lombard) with a 4.5GB IDE HD

      PM | Format                -  Name        | Partition Size

I have converted partitions 11 and 12 into "root" and "swap"
respectively, though as I mentioned NDD converted them back to HFS as
noted above.

Thanks for any help.

--
Anthony Hopkins

1. eth0 not found/Intel Gigabyte not working properly on RH7.3

Hi,

I'm having difficulties with my Network card, and didn't know if I had to
post this to the networking or harware group. I didn't want to cross-post
so I decided to use this group.

I just installed RH 7.3, and my Intel PRO 10/100/1000 card isn't started
at bootup. All my previous RH installations automagically detected the
card at bootup and used DHCP to start my network connection succesfully.
But not with this box :(

I did #ifconfig eth0 and I got some info about the card, so the card is
recognised. But when I do #ifup eth0 I get "Device not found". Weird! So I
searched a bit for eth0, and find / eth0 didn't return any results...

Any ideas?

Regards, Filip de Waard

2. Sparc 1+ error message

3. linux mail not working properly, please help

4. XFree keyboard/mouse problems

5. Yellow Dog Linux Keyboard not working properly..

6. upgrade from 3.0R to 3.3R- what's best way?

7. pdisk for Mac???

8. Relational Database For Linux...

9. Where is Mac OS port of pdisk?

10. file command not working properly under new 2.0.x kernels

11. NISTnet not working properly

12. pthread not working properly

13. Masquerade not working properly with diald, help pls