ADB Mouse Buttons and XFree86

Post by Rich Hal » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I can't a functional mouse button two. I have tried useing kernel args
adb_buttons=1,103,111 for f11/f12, I've also tried adb_buttons=1,122,120
for f1/f2. Niether works. I get Mouse button3 bye this method, but
running X I need button two. I suspect this may be related to the
mapping of my keyboard. I have one of the AppleDesign extended keyboard
that came with Beige G3s. I think it may be slightly different that the
standard Extended Keyboard II. Any ideas? XPmac used to work fine with
opt-1/opt2.

-Rich

Post by Andrew Plotki » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I can't a functional mouse button two. I have tried useing kernel args
> adb_buttons=1,103,111 for f11/f12, I've also tried adb_buttons=1,122,120
> for f1/f2. Niether works.

Run "showkey" to display the key codes for your keyboard. You must do this
while X is *not* running.

And maybe skip the "1". I just have two entries in that field
(adb_buttons=number,number) and it works.

(Of course, I have no idea whether it's *right*. Just that it works.)

--Z

borogoves..."

Post by Michael Schmit » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > I can't a functional mouse button two. I have tried useing kernel args
> > adb_buttons=1,103,111 for f11/f12, I've also tried adb_buttons=1,122,120
> > for f1/f2. Niether works.

> Run "showkey" to display the key codes for your keyboard. You must do this
> while X is *not* running.

or xev while in X, and subtract 8 from the event code there (IIRC).
showkey didn't come with my installation of linuxppc. 103,111 works on
the Lombard Powerbook but probably not on other keyboards.

Quote:> And maybe skip the "1". I just have two entries in that field
> (adb_buttons=number,number) and it works.

Skip the '1' for sure. Though that should have mapped one of the keys
right at least (while taking out whatever is mapped on 1, I think that
would be 's').

        Michael

Post by Stewart Smit » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I can't a functional mouse button two. I have tried useing kernel args
> adb_buttons=1,103,111 for f11/f12, I've also tried adb_buttons=1,122,120
> for f1/f2. Niether works. I get Mouse button3 bye this method, but
> running X I need button two. I suspect this may be related to the
> mapping of my keyboard. I have one of the AppleDesign extended keyboard
> that came with Beige G3s. I think it may be slightly different that the
> standard Extended Keyboard II. Any ideas? XPmac used to work fine with
> opt-1/opt2.

> -Rich

definately get rid of the 1 there. I was wondering the very same thing
and when i put "adb_buttons=103,111" into the kernel args, it worked!
F11 and F12 are now my other mouse buttons!

1. 7500 + XLR Carrier + Debian + ADB mouse + XFree86 = no mouse buttons

I'm running a standard debian potato distribution on a 7500 mac with a
266 MHz G3 XLR8 carrier card.  When I start X, I don't get any response
from the mouse button(s).  When I run xev, no event is reported,
neither button press nor release.  I've tried this with both the
standard mac mouse and a microspeed mactrac 2.0 trackball.  Things work
fine with the standard 601/100 card.  Any idea how to get the XLR8 and
the mouse to play nice?

2. devfsd-v1.3.16 available

3. YDL/CS 1.2: Emulate 3-button mouse w/ 1-button ADB?

4. Setuid question

5. How to use the second mouse button with my adb-mouse ?

6. BSD and getdtablesize

7. Logitech 3-button adb mouse?

8. Could you help me with finger information?

9. The infamous MacAlly 2-button ADB mouse

10. G3 Powerbook (Wallstreet), ADB Mouse PPC 2000 Q4, 3 button emulation

11. 3 button adb mouse in X

12. Help - Emulated Mouse Buttons 2 & 3 (with ADB)?

13. working ADB 3 button mouse