3 button ADB mouse suggestion?

Post by Rick » Mon, 28 May 2001 10:27:14

Does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 button ADB mouse? Presntly I am
using a USB 3 button mouse and an ADB keyboard. I'd like to get them
both on the same bus. Any and all help appreciated.

--
Rick

Post by Andrew B. Arth » Wed, 30 May 2001 03:23:31

> Does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 button ADB mouse? Presntly I am
> using a USB 3 button mouse and an ADB keyboard. I'd like to get them
> both on the same bus. Any and all help appreciated.

Why? I could think of several advantages of having them on different
buses (or both on USB). Not to mention there is a much better
selection of USB mice, that have three or two buttons (versus ADB in
which there are very few different models).

Post by Rick » Wed, 30 May 2001 05:10:34

> > Does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 button ADB mouse? Presntly I am
> > using a USB 3 button mouse and an ADB keyboard. I'd like to get them
> > both on the same bus. Any and all help appreciated.

> Why? I could think of several advantages of having them on different
> buses (or both on USB). Not to mention there is a much better
> selection of USB mice, that have three or two buttons (versus ADB in
> which there are very few different models).

Why? BEcasue I want them both on ADB. I want 3 buttons.
Since you are so very optmistic about USB in LinuxPPC, why dont you
re-write the USB bits, so that when you disconnect the Keyspan USB PDA
connector, USB doesnt go crazy.

Until then, how about just answering the question I asked instead of
telling me to do something else.

--
Rick

Post by Robert Jam » Wed, 30 May 2001 09:03:04

>> > Does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 button ADB mouse? Presntly I am
>> > using a USB 3 button mouse and an ADB keyboard. I'd like to get them
>> > both on the same bus. Any and all help appreciated.

>> Why? I could think of several advantages of having them on different
>> buses (or both on USB). Not to mention there is a much better
>> selection of USB mice, that have three or two buttons (versus ADB in
>> which there are very few different models).

>Why? BEcasue I want them both on ADB. I want 3 buttons.
>Since you are so very optmistic about USB in LinuxPPC, why dont you
>re-write the USB bits, so that when you disconnect the Keyspan USB PDA
>connector, USB doesnt go crazy.

>Until then, how about just answering the question I asked instead of
>telling me to do something else.

>--
>Rick

Geej - talk about an attitude problem!!!!!

Post by jose » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 06:36:39

> Does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 button ADB mouse? Presntly I am
> using a USB 3 button mouse and an ADB keyboard. I'd like to get them
> both on the same bus. Any and all help appreciated.

the logitech mouseman, when it was made, works without any config
changes to the system. works out of the box. check eBay or something for
one.