Tulip chip on MkLinux

Post by Jeremy Sald » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm using an Asante 10/100 card in an old Powercomputing 601 machine
whick is running MkLinux_DR3. I believe that the card uses the Tulip
chip, which I know is a problem. I found several drivers out there for
the Tulip chip, but will these work on a NuBus card? The only thing I
can find talks about PCI bus.

Jeremy Salda

Tulip chip on MkLinux

Post by Mike Zula » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I'm using an Asante 10/100 card in an old Powercomputing 601 machine
> whick is running MkLinux_DR3. I believe that the card uses the Tulip
> chip, which I know is a problem. I found several drivers out there for
> the Tulip chip, but will these work on a NuBus card? The only thing I
> can find talks about PCI bus.

You should bring this up with the MkLinux Setup mailing list.  I know that
they've done work on supporting Tulip, but I don't know the status of it.

Mike

--
Mike Zulauf

1. where can i find specifications for tulip chips

Hi all,

I have been looking at the source code for the tulip device driver, and i
was wondering where can i the specs for these chips. I looked at :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tulip
but when i tried to get to the ftp site, where these specs are stored i got
an eoor message

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanx
mark

2. Need library for Xemacs

3. Tulip-Chip (Cogent)

4. email to AOL from my intranet

5. tulip.c v 0.90 work with Matrox MX98713AFC chip??

6. FTP from clients sometimes slow

7. Tulip chip ethernet cards under Mac OS 7/8/9?

8. Sorry, I am too busy for the FAQ.

9. Tulip Driver Support for Lite-On 82c169 Chip?

10. DEC Tulip Chipped Network Cardz

11. Sohoware Nic setup MX98715 chip and tulip driver????

12. Netgear FA-310TX with Tulip chip

13. SMC's PCI Ethernet driver (DEC's tulip chip)