1. linux-ppc rpm crash & rpm control-panel
I am installing Linux-PPC on my Pmac 7300/20.
I am putting it on an external 2.1 Go HD, which I have partitionned in
order to have
linux partitions and one 800 Mo HFS (not HFS+) to put the redhat
I boot with a floppy to make the install... everything goes fine
until the installation of
the rpm packages. The installer *crashes* after having installed
something between 100 and
200 Mb of RPMs ; the moment it crashes and the corresponding RPM is
All the installer says is " received signal 11" (sounds familiar
:-( ) and it kills everything
until "you can now safely reboot your system"
This problem does not seem to be realted to the kernel installed,
nor if I use Boot variables
or BootX. Also, when i install on a removable 230 Mo MO disk, I don't
have any problem.
So : can anybody tell me the origin of this "signal 11" thing ?
Another question : by just making a base install, I have been able
to finally install linux,
and I have manually added the X11 & KDE RPMs, but now I would like to
know what is
the name of the RPM manager that can be used through "control-panel". It
would be much
easier to add the missing packages... I have found control-panel...rpm
but not the rpm
graphical manager module.
Thanks in advance...
2. How do I bind two IP addresses to one card?
3. kdelibs-1_0-7rh51_i386.rpm install fails on kde.mo, so is kdelibs-1_0-7rh51_i386.rpm
5. Can't upgrade these remaining non-kde RPM files... for KDE v2.2
7. Anyone seen a php4.0.5 ppc rpm on their travels?
11. Cave: lilypond-1.2.0-1.ppc.rpm breaks C shell (tcsh)!
12. communicator 4.7 ppc.rpm ?
13. Where to find ppc.rpm of fvwm-95?