linuxppc lite on my zip dirve

Post by John Lawto » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I noticed that the 2.1.125 kernel can see my zip drive. I would like to
move files from the mac over to linux. I was thinking I could save to
the zip drive and then mount it from linux. Is it possible to do this? I
checked the mount homepage and I didn't see any -t option flags that
corresponded to the apple hfs filesystem. I tried a few other options
(hpfs, afp) and was told these options were not supported by the kernel.

for reference, here is the command I issued:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /mnt/zip

any help would be appreciated!

-john

Post by Martin Costabe » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I noticed that the 2.1.125 kernel can see my zip drive. I would like to
> move files from the mac over to linux. I was thinking I could save to
> the zip drive and then mount it from linux. Is it possible to do this? I
> checked the mount homepage and I didn't see any -t option flags that
> corresponded to the apple hfs filesystem. I tried a few other options
> (hpfs, afp) and was told these options were not supported by the kernel.

> for reference, here is the command I issued:

> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /mnt/zip

Use:  mount -t hfs /dev/hdd /mnt/zip

The man pages are sometimes not quite up to date. Have a look at
/proc/filesystems for the file systems built into your kernel and if you
have kernel sources, /usr/src/linux/fs/filesystems.c for a list of
everything.

You can also use hmount, hcopy and friends from the hfsutils package. It
does binhex and other conversions.

--
Martin