LinuxPPC 2000, AIWA USB Travan and backup

LinuxPPC 2000, AIWA USB Travan and backup

Post by David B. O'Donnel » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if LinuxPPC comes with a backup tool that will write to a
tape drive* off the USB bus? (Will one show up as a device I can tar
to?)

I'm thinking of replacing the AIWA TD-U8000 I bought to backup my Macs and
PC with a larger capacity drive now that the three machines have over 100GB
of disk storage between them, and would hate to toss the little AIWA drive
if I don't have to. I know Retrospect says it can back up over Appletalk...
but the iMac I have running LinuxPPC 2000 is perfectly sized for the drive.

--

1. AIWA TD-U8000 USB Travan Tape

Hello,

I'm using FreeBSD 4.2 and I was wondering if the AIWA TD-U8000 USB
Travan Tape is supported.

How can I find out? I made some searches on the web with no success.

If this Travan USB tape is supported, anyone can help to let my know how
I can use it to backup or restore files?

Can I just use tar?

TIA

Cheers
-Emmanuel

Email:
emm + at + scriptdigital + dot + com

2. Installing 2.4 X86 on P100

3. Using AIWA TD-U8000 USB Travan Tape with FreeBSD 4.2

4. SN-3200 Network card.

5. Mounting USB Zip and USB floppy on LinuxPPC 2000

6. Counting the number of bytes

7. LinuxPPC 2000 doesn't like 3-button "Trust AMI mouse USB"

8. Netscape 3.0 and Linux - does it work?

9. USB Zip 250 on G4 Titanium using LinuxPPC 2000 Q4

10. Does an USB ISDN adapter works with LinuxPPC 2000

11. USB printer possible on LinuxPPC 2000?

12. LinuxPPC 2000 & PowerBook 2000