USB problems compiling 2.2.15pre19

Post by Daniel J. McKa » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

    I just performed the compile of 2.2.15pre19 following the directions of
the 2.2.14pre9 posted on the B&W G3 website.  After the compile and restart
I lost the use of both the keyboard and the mouse.  I tried running the
"setup" command in the terminal but still no luck.  What do I have to do to
set the USB keyboard and mouse up after the compile?  I can still boot up
with the 2.2.15pre3 kernel so I can perform any needed repairs from there.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Dan

BTW,  during the compile I noticed that there is a new communications port
to the USB settings as well as new USB hub settings.  If anyone has
successfully compiled this to a Yikes! G4/400 let me know the steps you
took.

--
Daniel J. McKay

Post by Chris Gehlke » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>     I just performed the compile of 2.2.15pre19 following the directions of
> the 2.2.14pre9 posted on the B&W G3 website.  After the compile and restart
> I lost the use of both the keyboard and the mouse.  I tried running the
> "setup" command in the terminal but still no luck.  What do I have to do to
> set the USB keyboard and mouse up after the compile?  I can still boot up
> with the 2.2.15pre3 kernel so I can perform any needed repairs from there.

You have to enable the "Support for PowerMac Keyboard" in general
settings. Otherwise make dep will quietly fail to generate a keymap. the
mouse may work if it's not plugged into the keyboard. I forgot to try
that.

1. Kernel compiling (2.2.15pre19)

    How did you solve this?  In the instructions for updating to the
2.2.14pre9 kernel it says that the keyboard/mouse fixes aren't needed for
the newer kernels.  Since there were no keyboard/ mouse patches I did
nothing.  My system boots up fine with the 2.2.15pre3 kernel so I can make
any modifications through this.

Thanks for any help,

 Dan

--
Daniel J. McKay

2. - "idebus=66" in 2.5.8 results in "ide_setup: idebus=66 -- BAD OPTION"

3. Compiling 2.2.15pre19

4. SDRAM configuration on SMDK2410X

5. Feedback on 2.2.15 (wasRe: Kernel Stable: 2.2.15pre4 )

6. DVD-RAM

7. Sound in YDL w/ 2.2.15pre19?

8. BIG ramdisk rescue filesystems

9. 2.2.15pre19 please help me !!!

10. 2.2.15pre19 vs mouse

11. Hard halt... on a pismo (PPC2000 2.2.15pre19), reducing backlighting ;-)

12. G4 - Kernel 2.2.15pre7 - USB problems :-(

13. 2.2.15 kernel compile problem?