Video Editing Software for Linux?

Post by Cody » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Does anybody know if there are any video editing software packages for
LinuxPPC?

Cody

Video Editing Software for Linux?

Post by A S Hode » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

I am also interested in this.  Unfortunately, since most (all?) Linuxes
don't support firewire at this time, I don't think we'll see it.

> Does anybody know if there are any video editing software packages for
> LinuxPPC?

> Cody

1. Video Subtitling (was Re: Video Editing on Linux?)

While we're vaguely close to the topic, that reminds me of a problem I've
been considering.  I'm thinking of getting an external (platform-independent)
video genlock unit, for video subtitling.  Trouble is, I don't know of
any software for it under Linux.

Does anyone know if there's any decent subtitling software for Linux/X,
like JacoSub for the Amiga or SubStation Alpha for Win?

People are always proudly claiming that there's a superior Linux program for
virtually anything that Windows has... so it that the case now?

 Alex Taylor                    Computer Science, University of Guelph

| "Love will not live if it remains but a dream                       |
|  And if desire should possess it, then a hollow shell it becomes.   |
|  But still... if that's what you want, then come chase after me..." |
|    -- Fuyumori Kayoko, "Moon Revenge" (translation by DKJY)         |

2. Function keys under OpenWindows

3. Video Editing Under Linux -- LANC/IR and Video Overlay boxes

4. syslog not writing to file

5. Digital Video: convert AVI to QuickTime, editing software

6. Problem doing net install for 2.6

7. Request for Video Editing Software

8. WebCam installation

9. Video Editing Software??

10. Correct hardware/software for video editing/animation

11. video camera USB and editing software

12. video editing software

13. Mpeg video capturing and editing software