Where is the X source for pre-DR3 mkLinux?

Where is the X source for pre-DR3 mkLinux?

Post by Bob Berett » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone direct me to the X11R6.3 xc source tree that was used to
the X distribution in pre-DR3 mkLinux?  The SRPMS directory on the
apple site has (almost) all the other sources for pre-DR3, but the X
source seems to be missing.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Beretta
Conix Enterprises

http://www.conix3d.com
805-544-0279

1. Problems installing MkLinux pre-DR3

Hi,

I'm trying to install the current pre-DR3 version of MkLinux on a G3/DT/266
with 128 MB RAM. My disk setup is as follows:

Internal 4GB IDE disk with two partitions:
- 500 MB HFS with MacOS 8.1 system folder
- 3.5 GB HFS+ with MacOS apps

External 2GB SCSI disk with four partitions:
- 100 MB MKLinux root
- 700 MB Mklinux usr
- 128 MB MkLinux swap
- 1 GB MacOS HFS

I downloaded the appropriate files and put everything in
place (mach_servers folder on 500MB startup partition on IDE drive). After having
edited my lilo.conf file to tell the installer where the mach_servers folder
is (rootdev=/dev/hda5), I rebooted the machine and always get the following errors:

BAD SIGNATURE
partition 4 is ZERO sized (20001)

ERROR: bootstrap task cannot find configuration file

configuration file: /dev/boot_device/mach_servers/bootstrap.conf
.
I checked the entry in lilo.conf many times, nothing seems to be wrong. The
booter at startup correctly identifies the root device as /dev/hda5. Can the
HFS+ partition on my IDE drive be the source of the problem even if the
mach_servers folder lives on the HFS partition on the same drive?

What else can be wrong?

Any hints appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Stephan

Stephan Marwedel, Object Technology Group
Partner Consult GmbH, Hamburg, Germany

Web: http://www.parco.de

-> This message was created 100% Micro$oft free <-

2. Why do I get ^H printed on screen?

3. MkLinux pre-DR3 and PCI NE2000

4. RPM to ???

5. mklinux pre-DR3 problems(PowerMac 7300/180)

6. redirect from a module

7. Can't install MkLinux pre-DR3 on a Power Mac 9500/G3 266

8. semi-WAN setup

9. MkLinux Pre-DR3 install problem...

10. MkLinux pre-DR3 + PowerTower Pro 250 "Monty"?

11. Sound doesn't work in MkLinux pre-DR3 on G3?

12. Upgrading MKLinux DR3 to pre-R1?

13. Problems With Pre-DR3 on a 8100/100