xinit

Post by davidma » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

How do I make xinit take fvwm2 as an argument to start automatically?

1. X386 xinit different from MIT xinit?

Hello!

I have been trying to get xinit from the MIT core distribution to successfully
kill my X386 windowing system when I request it.  As it stands, with a
correctly made .xinitrc, when I exit motif, the xserver exits (nicely) as well.
The problem is that it seems that when my xinit STARTS the x server, the
x server doesn't utilize its color database (or it cant find one).  I am
assuming
that /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt is the server color database.  When I use the xinit
supplied with the X386 binaries, the server utilizes the color database but I
can't kill the xserver (nicely) when I exit motif (nor when I exit twm).

If anyone out there (Thomas Roell??) has the origional code to the xinit
supplied
in the binary X386 distribution, I will be happy to supply the changes
to it so
that the x server can be killed (nicely) when the window manager exits.

Thanks!

doug anson

Univ of Delaware
ASEL

2. parallel port tape backup and x86

3. Help, broken xinit after installing latest gnome

4. IPACCT in C

5. permission problems bombing xinit for not root users

6. Anyone try compiling TCSH 6.07 under Solaris 2.6?

7. Xwindows Wont Xinit.

8. Problem with NE2000 card

9. How to save diagnostic mesg from xinit?

10. HELP! can't run xinit

11. xinit: can't load library 'libXmu.so.6' ???

12. xinit : no such file or dirctory?

13. Start X without startx or xinit? (save mem)