I can hear sound except Audio CDs...

Post by Diego Krot » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'm using Yellow Dog Champion Server 1.2 on a G4 AGP
The sound does not work by default.
I added the line "alias sound dmasound" in /etc/conf.modules
and it works but I have two problems.
1) every now and then (nearly 1 every 4) booting linux hangs on loading dmasound
module
2) No way I can hear any sound from an audio CD. Someone here told me to play
with *** but I played with this app (of wich I would have some docs!) and cannot
hear CD music. Even the microphone works fine (with a nice larsen effect!)

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance

*** To answer by mail please remove the "X" from my address ***

       \     Diego Krota   http://www.geocities.com/dkrota      \
 \   Never do anything you wouldn't be caught dead doing  \