New kernel? Where?

Post by Brian Gilma » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello
    I've been using Linux for a while now on my mac (actually mk) and I
was wondering if anyone knew where to find the newest kernel? I have DR3
off the CD from PTF so, does this automatically update me to the newest
one or is there some sort of repositorywhere I can getthe newest one?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Brian Gilman

New kernel? Where?

Post by Anirudh Jos » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

   i don't think apple updates the mklinux kernel sources, so i don't
think you can gt a "latest" kernel.  although, if you have a PCI mac and
are willing to switch over the the better Linux/pmac, those kernel sources
are constantly being updated.

ani

Post by Mike Zula » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>    i don't think apple updates the mklinux kernel sources, so i don't
> think you can gt a "latest" kernel.  although, if you have a PCI mac and
> are willing to switch over the the better Linux/pmac, those kernel sources
> are constantly being updated.

There are updated kernels for MkLinux (not directly from Apple, though).
The MkLinux mailing lists are a good place to start for info on this,
especially the Setup list.

Mike

--
Mike Zulauf

1. Help to boot new kernel with grub -delited the old kernel before tried the new one

Hi.
Can someone help, how to update Grub so I can boot into linux. I
updated the kernel with up2date software on RedHat and followed the
Instructions to delete the old kernel files from /boot and now I can't
boot into anything old or new kernel. What do I do to boot into linux.
And Grub boot loader doesn't let me run any usefull commands. Thank
you. I tried to update Redhat 7.3 so it would let me boot into linux
but that didn't work. Thank you.

2. dsl, freebsd, setup

3. SLIP/PPP -->new kernel-->new compiler-->new make

4. DSL hardware

5. I/O error with new kernel and new pppd

6. AOL Using Linux?

7. 3c59x new version, help me please with the new kernels

8. Mosaic Sizing Problem

9. New linux user needs help with new kernel

10. new sound stuff in new kernels ?

11. IDE CD -> New Kernel -> New Compiler (what next?)

12. compile new kernel => compile new iptables ?

13. New kernel--need new disk sets?