More weirdness...

Post by Tony Schount » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

OK, I'm really confused by what my machine does.  Sometimes it boots up
and I can't type anything into the login box for KDM.  Other times I can
log in and KDM launches but will not respond to any of my mouse clicks
(e.g. will not launch applications). Now today, I turned it on and was
able to log in but it wouldn't respond to the mouse when I click on the
tiles at the bottom. But, I option-click and a menu appeared from which
I could launch an xterm. So I type 'reboot' and the thing shuts down for
three minutes and boots up into KDM and everything works fine. What is
the deal? Is my machine possessed?

1. LSeek Weirdness or My Weirdness?

Of course there is:

        lseek(fd, 0L, 0);
        errno = 0;
        off = lseek(fd, -1L, 1);
        if (off == -1 && errno != 0)
                perror("lseek");
        else
                /* good */
--

    Sie reagieren rein mathematish, nicht vernuenftig.
                                -- Cliff Allistair McLane, Orion VIII

2. arena?

3. TCSH weirdness...

4. Compiled glibc for sun4m Solaris 7?