mounting scsi cdrom in kde

Post by M » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

HI,

I am trying to mount a scsi cdrom drive in kde. I set the path to
/dev/scd0 can see the activity light working but it can't find the
correct mount path. What do I need to put in here. I've looked in the
/etc/fstab and I thought that the mount point was /mnt/cdrom but this
doesn't seem to work. Thanks for the help....

Remove nospam of course

1. how to mount SCSI cdrom, SCSI Zip and floppy under kde ?

hi,
nothing to add to the question except that they are perfectly recognized at
boot.
but i can't mount them.
i typed:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
and
mount -t ??? /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
and
mount -t auto /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
...of course the dirs were created beforehand

i typed it in a kvt terminal, the cursor goes to the next line and then
nothing happens (i have to close the window with the cross)

seems to be the same in console mode.

what can i do as i assume that i'm typing the right commands.
moreover my 2 hds mount both with
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/hdc ....etc.
work perfectly well and load in fstab at the beginning.

can anyone help?

2. Undelete program for Unix...

3. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

4. Source Code

5. LS-120 Setup

6. Problem with mounting CDROM on a SCSI CDROM drive

7. mount /mnt/cdrom ==> mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device

8. cdrom mount problems with KDE 1.1.2

9. KDE & mount cdrom

10. Mounting floopy and cdrom as a normal user under KDE and RedHat 5.2