R5 CD-ROM

Post by Evan Jenkin » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I ordered LinuxPPC R4 in late December. When I got it in January, the CD-ROM
came with a letter saying that I would receive an R5 CD in a few weeks. This
obviously didn't happen. Now that it's being shipped, I'm wondering if I'll
get an R5 CD sent to me, or will I have to order it again?
----------
Evan Jenkins

ICQ Number: 9688499

R5 CD-ROM

Post by Ric » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I ordered LinuxPPC R4 in late December. When I got it in January, the CD-ROM
> came with a letter saying that I would receive an R5 CD in a few weeks. This
> obviously didn't happen. Now that it's being shipped, I'm wondering if I'll
> get an R5 CD sent to me, or will I have to order it again?
> ----------
> Evan Jenkins

> ICQ Number: 9688499

You may want to contact LinuxPPC to be sure about your order. I received
my R5 CD 2 days ago.

1. Linux PPC / R5 - Problem mounting cd-rom...

I've just recently started exploring the world of Linux, so apologies in
advance if this is your typical newbie question.

I've installed Linux PPC R5 (from cd) on my Powermac 6500/250 - just the
basic (suggested) rpms.  Everything boots fine with no error msgs (once I
fixed the 2.2.6-15apmac folder issue...)

Now I want to explore the cd a bit further but can't get the cd to mount.  I
get a msg "too many levels of symbolic links"? when I try the mount
commands.  Does this mean I have too many symbolic links on my file system?
Are these just aliases / pointers to files?  How did I get too many!?

Any ideas?  Also, any suggestions on what documentation / books would be
worth exploring should I get these kinds of error messages...

Thanks.

2. Hard disk IRQ Timeout error

4. Purpose of SUID / SGID?

5. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

6. 16-CPU #s for lockfree rtcache (rt_rcu)

7. Intsall from CD-ROM without a CD-ROM

8. Expect Script Question...

9. Strange CD-ROM Issue (aka CD-ROM Problem)

10. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

11. CD-ROm ? WHat CD-ROM

12. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

13. Universal CD-ROM resells LINUX CD-ROM