HELP ME!!! Installation Problems with IBM PowerPC 850

HELP ME!!! Installation Problems with IBM PowerPC 850

Post by Manuel Christe » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have a IBM PowerPC 850 with Motorola Portable Boot Loader Version 1.47
and i don't can start the installation-routine from CD.
The Maschine accept only WindowsNT for the operation System...
How I can make a BootDisc or can I boot from CD???
If I wont boot from CD, the maschine don't accept it!
I found anything about to make a Bootdisk, but is only for
existing systems....

sorry, my englisch is shit!!!

10000Thanks for the help....please!

1. IBM P.S. 850 PowerPC 604E IDE

Hello, I have curently installed Yellowdog Linux on my IBM RS6000 Model
Power series 850. It seems to work fine but I can't get my Xwindows to
work. I get an error in regards to my mouse and my video. I tryied
Xconfigurator and setup, both with no resaults. I can't get the sound to
work ether.

If anyone has any information on setting up Linux " Any Linux " on this
computer. Please give me any pointers you may have.

I tried to get LinuxPPC 2000 to start on it, but no go. I get past the
first boot disk and it takes my first ram disk but at the end of reading
that one it never asks for the second ram disk. It just stays there and
does nothing.

Thanks
Eric Labelle

2. SML (nj) port to Linux. Does it exist?

3. Is there a correct working X-Server for the IBM 850 PowerPC?

4. need to suggest a good FS:

5. ntp 4.0.* on LinuxPPC for IBM PowerPC 850?

6. to get directory in ftp client?

7. IBM PowerPC 850 w/ SCSI - install question

8. Need to append a string to each line in a file

9. Help me on my IBM power series 850...

10. Linux on ThinkPad 850 PowerPC. Is it possible?

11. IBM power series loading problem, 850 thinkpad

12. second Ethernet card on PowerPC 850 with AIX 4.1.5 ?

13. PowerPC model 850 with AIX?