ftp stalls

Post by Marcel van Eij » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I've got the following ftp problem. When I try to upload (put) files which
are bigger than a few 100Kb the transfer stalls. This is independent of
the ftp-client I use. The same happens when I try to download (get) those
same files from another location. I have no problems downloading big files
to my computer and I'm not behind a fire wall.

Does anybody have an idea where the problem could be? I'm using Yellowdog
with the 2.2.6-16bp kernel and proftpd-1.2.0pre9.1a.

Marcel

      _\/\-%     icq 55573801
_____(_)-(_)_____ ga toch fietsen

ftp stalls

Post by Peter Nilli » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Are you using modem for you're connection?  In that case: I had the
same problem. It was fixed when I changed the Flow Control in the ppp
settings. I don't remember what I changed it to (I'm not at my computer at
the moment), but after that things worked fine.

BTW I was using LinuxPPC R4 and Kppp for my connection.

Cheers,
Peter

In article

Quote:> Hi,

--

1. ftp stalls in netscape and ftp

I have been trying to DL files using Netscape and ftp from the command
line. Thinks go very fast for a couple of minutes or a couple of hundred
K, but then the DL stalls in netscape and never finishes in ftp. Is
there anything I could check or fix?

Any and all help appreciated.

2. yacc, lex, how do they communicate ?

3. FTP stalls while downloading .exe's

4. Problem mit SMBFS

5. Pathworks/FTP Stall Problem

6. Hayes ESP, Optima 288 help

7. ftp stalls with ppp connection

8. I can't RTFM (help)

9. PPP/FTP stalls during netscape download

10. FTP Stalls?

11. ftp stalls to a stop over slip connection

12. FTP Stalling

13. FTP stalling on sun website...