Connecting an epson stylus color 600.

Post by Marc Pica » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my printer to my PowerCenterPro 210
under linux-PMac for a few weeks. I have red all the FAQ
and HOWTO I've found.

At first I'm playing with the stty parameters, all I can
have is 6 lines of "a" when I try a "ls > /dev/cua1" command.

Does anyone have connected this kind of printer already and
could send me the right stty parameters "stty -a < /dev/cua1".

Is there any settings to send to the printer, in order to get it
accepting plain ascii text?

I've set ghostscript, lpr and everything so I suppose that as
soon as I could communicate with the printer everything will be
ok.

Thanks

Marc
Marc Picart     (some say Mac Picart or Marc Intosh)

Post by James Forsyth » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I'm trying to connect my printer to my PowerCenterPro 210
> under linux-PMac for a few weeks. I have red all the FAQ
> and HOWTO I've found.

> At first I'm playing with the stty parameters, all I can
> have is 6 lines of "a" when I try a "ls > /dev/cua1" command.

> Does anyone have connected this kind of printer already and
> could send me the right stty parameters "stty -a < /dev/cua1".

> Is there any settings to send to the printer, in order to get it
> accepting plain ascii text?

> I've set ghostscript, lpr and everything so I suppose that as
> soon as I could communicate with the printer everything will be
> ok.

> Thanks

> Marc
> --
> Marc Picart     (some say Mac Picart or Marc Intosh)

  I tried getting a Stylus Photo to work and had no luck.  The word
I got was that the photo, 600, and 800 use a high speed mode for the
serial port, which is causing the problem.  I finally gave up and got an
old Stylewriter II that I had lying around.

1. EPSON STYLUS COLOR (600) Color adjustements

Hi all
does anybody know how I can adjust the colors for my Stylus color 600 ?
The usual unidrivers gives an output in which red appears as brown, blue
and green are better but not terrific too !

Thanks
Eugene

2. transparent proxy

3. Color adjustments for Epson Stylus Color 600 w/ uniprint driver

4. Web Mail on Cobalt Raq

5. Epson Stylus Color 600 woes

6. A new front in the war is opening!

7. Ghostscript: Epson Stylus Color 600

8. Help! Desktop switching

9. Epson Stylus Color 600 vs. Linux

10. Epson Stylus Color 600

11. GS Color printing with Epson Stylus 600

12. Printing on Epson Stylus Color 600