USB printer possible on LinuxPPC 2000?

Post by Don Pedr » Thu, 29 May 2003 23:31:37

Hi All

I'm a relative newbie to Linux and have a stable installation of
LinuxPPC 2000.  I tried allsort of others (YDL, Debian) but this is the
only one that works for me & my Mac so far.

That's all fine BUT my printer has a USB connection.  Is there any way
of configuring a USB printer for that dist?  USB gets a mention in
dmesg, but I can't find any mention of usb in manuals, info, howto.
Zilch.  BTW I have found a gimp_print.ppd for the printer (Epson C41UX
- think "sucks") but there is such a ramp of upgrading to do to get to
that version of GIMP I'll be dead and buried long before I get anywhere
near it.

Any advice.  If it's impossible I'll relax!

TIA if anyone can help me out.

Don Pedro

1. Mounting USB Zip and USB floppy on LinuxPPC 2000

Hi,

I've got LinuxPPC 2000 (kernel vmlinux.2.2.15pre3) running on my Blue&White G3
(New World).  After a bit of configuring, things work pretty well.  However, I
haven't been able to "locate" my USB zip drive or USB floppy (not a
super-floppy).

I've checked the FAQs and newsgroups, and although atl east the
USB Zip supposedly works with LPPC-2000, I can't figure out what device it
shows up on.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to mount a Zip disk using a USB zip drive
(or a regular floppy disk, using a USB floppy drive).

TIA,

Igor

2. Diskless servers ?

3. LinuxPPC 2000 image file corrupted: Possible???

4. graphic

5. LinuxPPC 2000, AIWA USB Travan and backup

6. Adaptec SCSI driver

7. LinuxPPC 2000 doesn't like 3-button "Trust AMI mouse USB"

8. Looking for a good database package

9. USB Zip 250 on G4 Titanium using LinuxPPC 2000 Q4

10. Does an USB ISDN adapter works with LinuxPPC 2000

11. Full LinuxPPC 2000 at ftp.linuxppc.org ??

12. LinuxPPC 2000 & PowerBook 2000

13. LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 on a 2000 Firewire Powerbook