Mozilla 1.0 build for Mandrake?

Post by Matt Schwartzstei » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 10:50:06

I downloaded the tarball, and have been getting a missing shared library
error:  libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3

At one point I figured out how to put this library on my system (it
doesn't seem to be in any of the MDK 8.2 rpm's), but can't seem to
repeat my actions.

So . . . anyone able to tell me how to get that library without breaking
everything, or in the alternative a place to find a binary of Mozilla
1.0 that's mandrake-friendly?

BTW, I tried compiling from CVS, but it seems I don't have enough room
on my hard drive (!).

Thanks,
Matt Schwartzstein

Mozilla 1.0 build for Mandrake?

Post by Paul Luza » Sun, 09 Jun 2002 12:46:04

Quote:> So . . . anyone able to tell me how to get that library without breaking
> everything, or in the alternative a place to find a binary of Mozilla
> 1.0 that's mandrake-friendly?

  Yes, you can fake it by creating a link from the library file that
is already installed on your machine to the file that Mozilla wants,
like this:

1)  Login as 'su' in a terminal
2)  Change to the /usr/lib directory:
    'cd /usr/lib'
3)  Create the link:
    'ln -s libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3'

  Mozilla should now work fine.

Sent with Mozilla 1.0 on Mandrake 8.2 PPC

Post by Matt Schwartzstei » Sun, 09 Jun 2002 16:53:55

>>So . . . anyone able to tell me how to get that library without breaking
>>everything, or in the alternative a place to find a binary of Mozilla
>>1.0 that's mandrake-friendly?

>   Yes, you can fake it by creating a link from the library file that
> is already installed on your machine to the file that Mozilla wants,
> like this:

> 1)  Login as 'su' in a terminal
> 2)  Change to the /usr/lib directory:
>     'cd /usr/lib'
> 3)  Create the link:
>     'ln -s libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3'

>   Mozilla should now work fine.

> Sent with Mozilla 1.0 on Mandrake 8.2 PPC

Thank you very much.  I hadn't made a symlink last time I did it, but
your way is a little more sure fire (I think I installed YDL packages on
my mandrake install).

1. Upgrading to Mozilla 1.0 on Mandrake 8.2; dependency fears.

I'm running Mandrake 8.2, which includes Mozilla 0.9.8, which I'd like to
upgrade to 1.0. The Mozilla 1.0 installation instructions say to remove the
existing version before installing the new one.

However, when I try to do this (using the Mandrake package manager), it
wants to remove a lot of other stuff dependent on Mozilla, including
Galeon, the how-tos, and gnome-core-1.4.0.6! So I'm afraid to do this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam

2. arp

3. mozilla 0.98 & OR 1.0 turmoil on mandrake 8.2

4. xvnews

5. Printing Tiff Faxes attached to e-mail using Mozilla 1.0

6. Book title by Dijkstra's daughter

7. Mozilla 1.0 under solaris 2.7

8. DOS development under Linux ???

9. Compiling mozilla 1.0 ?

10. Mozilla 1.0 has been released

11. sound in mozilla 1.0, 1.0.1 and netscape 7.0

12. Mozilla 1.0 platform?

13. java_vm memory leak with Mozilla RC 1.0