problem booting linuxPPC 2K after install...

problem booting linuxPPC 2K after install...

Post by Thierry BUCC » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed linuxPPC 2K (full) into my iBook, (i have created 2
partitions (1 for / and 1 for swap), "/" is /dev/hda9, but my iBook doesn't
boot linux. (with Boot'X) how can i do that ?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Thierry - FRANCE

1. install problem with LinuxPPC 2k & cdrom

I just got my LinuxPPC 2000 cdrom and i've tried to install Linux.  After
running the installer and restarting.  I start the linux boot sequence for
the installer but it runs into an error with the cdrom...
i get something like:

hda: cdrom_decode_status: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: cdrom_decode_status: error=0x34

and then i get a bunch of stuff scrolling on the screen (looks like errors)

and finally it says something like:

can't seem to find live filesystem

It then starts up the RedHat installer which can't read the cdrom either.

anybody have any idea what this is????  Please help!

2. apt / rpm error

3. Another problem with new linuxppc-2k install...

4. Port not found

5. LinuxPPC 2k install problems

6. Patch so suEXEC will run as owner

7. Boot LinuxPPC 2K from ext SCSI

8. crond

9. Booting from LinuxPPC 2K cd on Umax S900

10. Installing Linuxppc 2k: hda lost interrupt

11. help with linuxppc 2k samba install

12. LinuxPPC 2k problems

13. X problem with LinuxPPC 2K