MkLinux Question

Post by Jeffrey Flowe » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I just bought a brand new WGS 6150/66 (which is really a PM 6100/66) and
I've ordered the Mklinux book and CD from the local Barnes and Noble.

I still have ten to four* days before it gets here and with the
holidays, perhaps longer. I would like to do a very minimal, console only
install just to play with DR3 a little. I read all the files and searched
the Apple site but nowhere does it list which rpm files are needed for
such an install.

If anyone knows which files I would need to download, please either email
me or post them to this newsgroup.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas,

Jeffrey

MkLinux Question

Post by Niels Roes » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I just bought a brand new WGS 6150/66 (which is really a PM 6100/66) and
> I've ordered the Mklinux book and CD from the local Barnes and Noble.

> I still have ten to four* days before it gets here and with the
> holidays, perhaps longer. I would like to do a very minimal, console only
> install just to play with DR3 a little. I read all the files and searched
> the Apple site but nowhere does it list which rpm files are needed for
> such an install.

> If anyone knows which files I would need to download, please either email
> me or post them to this newsgroup.

> Thanks to all and Merry Christmas,

> Jeffrey

Merry Christmas to you too, Jeffrey.
In all redhat distributions there should be a file RedHat/base/comps.
This file is used to select the rpms that you want to install,
and is used by the installer. If you look in it, you see a 'chapter'
base. These rpms will probably do for a console only install.
Happy hacking.

Niels

1. MkLinux questions

Hi,

has anyone definitive information on the following?

- When will DR3 arrive (or, until when will it NOT arrive)? (It's not
that I can't wait, but I've delayed some upgrades because DR3 was to be
out "any day now" for several weeks.)

- Will DR3 finally support floppies? If not, when can I expect floppy
support to be implemented? (Floppy support has been under development
for at least a year now, acoording to reference material. MkLinux
development is beginning to resemble Copland...)

- Where can I look for up-to date information on current versions? (I've
given up on www.mlinux.apple.com because it's outdated by several
months. I don't expect flashy graphics, but I'd like to know at least
what the current release is.)

TIA,

- Wulf

! Max-Volmer-Institut     Technische Universitaet Berlin !
! Strasse des 17. Juni 135     10623 Berlin      Germany !
!________________________________________________________!

2. >> X-WINDOW

3. newbie mklinux question

4. URGENT: C-shell Default Value for a Variable

5. More newbie MkLinux questions ...

6. No more Sockets....

7. 2 MkLinux Questions: system error display and KDE exit

8. Mystique card?

9. MKLinux questions

10. Some MkLinux questions

11. mklinux question