mklinux question

Post by Wai (Den » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have been using Linux slackware on a 486 for the past few years.  I am
now looking to upgrade the machine to a powerbook either the 1400 or the
3400 and I will be doing alot of programming in c and c++ on it, so I
would like to know how does mklinux or linuxppc compare to Redhat 5.1 in
terms of stability and the amount of tools available.  Thanks for your
help.

mklinux question

Post by Al Guerr » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have been using Linux slackware on a 486 for the past few years.  I am
> now looking to upgrade the machine to a powerbook either the 1400 or the
> 3400 and I will be doing alot of programming in c and c++ on it, so I
> would like to know how does mklinux or linuxppc compare to Redhat 5.1 in
> terms of stability and the amount of tools available.  Thanks for your
> help.

  Both MkLinux and LinuxPPC are stable and run the same software (if you
have source).

Al Guerra

1. MkLinux questions

Hi,

has anyone definitive information on the following?

- When will DR3 arrive (or, until when will it NOT arrive)? (It's not
that I can't wait, but I've delayed some upgrades because DR3 was to be
out "any day now" for several weeks.)

- Will DR3 finally support floppies? If not, when can I expect floppy
support to be implemented? (Floppy support has been under development
for at least a year now, acoording to reference material. MkLinux
development is beginning to resemble Copland...)

- Where can I look for up-to date information on current versions? (I've
given up on www.mlinux.apple.com because it's outdated by several
months. I don't expect flashy graphics, but I'd like to know at least
what the current release is.)

TIA,

- Wulf

! Max-Volmer-Institut     Technische Universitaet Berlin !
! Strasse des 17. Juni 135     10623 Berlin      Germany !
!________________________________________________________!

2. vi color schemes in rxvt terminal under X

3. newbie mklinux question

4. Fork/Clone

5. More newbie MkLinux questions ...

6. copying tar files over the network....

7. 2 MkLinux Questions: system error display and KDE exit

8. Apache over-cacheing to death? Help!!

9. MKLinux questions

10. Some MkLinux questions

11. MkLinux Question

12. Mklinux questions