install problem with LinuxPPC 2k & cdrom

install problem with LinuxPPC 2k & cdrom

Post by Sixe » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I just got my LinuxPPC 2000 cdrom and i've tried to install Linux.  After
running the installer and restarting.  I start the linux boot sequence for
the installer but it runs into an error with the cdrom...
i get something like:

hda: cdrom_decode_status: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: cdrom_decode_status: error=0x34

and then i get a bunch of stuff scrolling on the screen (looks like errors)

and finally it says something like:

can't seem to find live filesystem

It then starts up the RedHat installer which can't read the cdrom either.

anybody have any idea what this is????  Please help!

1. problem booting linuxPPC 2K after install...

Hi,

I have installed linuxPPC 2K (full) into my iBook, (i have created 2
partitions (1 for / and 1 for swap), "/" is /dev/hda9, but my iBook doesn't
boot linux. (with Boot'X) how can i do that ?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Thierry - FRANCE

2. Root can't access user files

3. Another problem with new linuxppc-2k install...

4. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.shell

5. LinuxPPC 2k install problems

6. Can't Install Solaris 2.4 on Sun 4/260

7. Installing Linuxppc 2k: hda lost interrupt

8. IP MASQ

9. help with linuxppc 2k samba install

10. LinuxPPC 2k problems

11. X problem with LinuxPPC 2K

12. Win95/98/NT/2K install times & Linux