iMac DV Lime network adapter problem

Post by So Hok Chun, Bil » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 15:02:29

Dear All,

I have just installed the YDL 1.2

However, I found that, from netconf, YDL cannot recognise the network
adapter in iMac.

When I check PCI information in KDE, it shows that
"Ethernet controller: Apple Unknown Device (rev 0)".

I haven't yet done the kernal and XFREE86 update specified in YDL official
support homepage.  Do I have to perform the update in order for YDL to
assign the correct module for iMac Ethernet Card?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bill

-- Contact information --
So Hok Chun, Bill / The University of Hong Kong, Computer Engineering

Homepage: http://www.hku.hk/h9911807

1. iMac DV lime ethernet problem

Dear all.

I tried to configure YDL 1.2 ethernet setting.  Below shows what I did:

from netconf, in Basic Host information, I tried to set the IP and other
settings for adapter 1
    enabled
    manual
    IP address: 192.168.0.6
    mask: 255.255.255.0
    net deviceL eth0
    kernel module: (don't know what to choose)

Then I activated the changes.  The following error message was shown:
    Can't probe current setup of network device eth0
    No way to activate the network

I passed the error message and, after a while, a dialogue showed:
    /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd is taking longer than expected to complete

And me to abort, kill or skip.

So, I tried to see if the kernel can find the ethernet card.

Here's what I found:
    from dmesg
        eth0: GMAC at 00:0a:27:de:45:72, driver v1.1k2

I also tried ifconfig.  I typed ifconfig and found the following:
       eth0 Link.....
            inet addr:192.168.0.6....
         lo Link.....
            inet addr: 127.0.0.1.....

So, what should I do?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bill

2. HP/UX Question

3. iMac DV Lime Ethernet card setup

4. XF86config file

5. Newbie:iMac DV Boot problem

6. highpage init speedup

7. MOL problem on an iMac DV

8. Mac: MkLinux or PPCLinux?

9. Imac DV Install Problems

10. iMac DV yaboot.conf problem

11. xfree86 4.0/2.4.0-test10 on iMac/DV, starts, but gives only blank screen

12. DVD on Mandrake PPC/iMac DV

13. LinuxPPC setup on an iMac DV+. Newbie.