ircd and telnetd rpm's for LinuxPPC2000

Post by p.. » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Having just installed the downloadable image of LinuxPPC2000 I wish to
set it up as a telnet server and an IRC server.

I have experience of using Linux on ix86 architecture but this is my
first time trying it on a Mac.

So far I have been unable to find a telnet server or a irc server in
ppc.rpm format. Do these exist ? I have tried compiling the ircd server
but it keeps on failing.

Also is there a specific software site just for ppc.rpm's ??

LinuxPPC2000 on a 7200/90.

All help appreciated,

Paul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. rpm: not found 'packages.rpm'

I run Slackware, and I need to be able to run rpm to install rpm
packages (duh). un-tarzipped the distribution package i got from the
sunsite site, and now when i do

rpm -i apcahe-blah-blah

it says:

# rpm -i ghostview-1.5-6.i386.rpm
failed to open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

error: cannot open /var/lib/rpm//packages.rpm

--

what is wrong?

the howto's dont have much help for idiots.

PLEEZE?>

thank you.

2. Year2000 problem with User Creation

3. RPM doesn't create any RPM's

4. Script for killing mutiple processes?

5. suse rpm's vs. RH rpm's

6. kpanel wont launch apps....

7. PPC RPM of telnetd?

8. Linux 2.0.3x problem...

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

11. RPM won't upgrade RPM!

12. Installed enlightenment with rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps *.rpm, but it won't run.

13. RPM: can't open packages.rpm