mesa

Post by Alex Roett » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

hey there,
has anyone successfully built the latest version of Mesa (the OpenGL like
API) on mklinux? i tried building it by typing make linux-ppc, and it
crashes during demo builds with errors about not being ablt to find
functions in one of the X libraries... has anyone had similar problems?

since it did build the libraries, i went ahead and copies them to
/usr/local/lib and tried linking an application, for soem reason, gcc
complains about not finding the libraries, even thou /usr/local/lib is in
/etc/ld.so.conf
i even passed gcc -L/usr/local/lib and -l<library name> but still the same
error. i noticed there is a file /etc/ld.so.cache that maybe stores all
the library names in the searchable paths? if so, does anyone know how to
rebuilt that database after adding libraries to one of the paths.....

please let me know if anyone has mesa working under mklinux (DR2.1).
please respond via email as i don't check newsgroups much.

thanks in advance,
alex

1. Mesa depends on XFree86, but XFree86 depends on Mesa!

$ rpm -i XFree86-4.0.1-1.i386.rpm
    Depends on libGL.so.1
$ rpm -i Mesa-3.3-5.i386.rpm
    Depends on XFree86

Mesa provides libGL.so.1. How on earth can you have 2 packages that depend
on each other? Am I supposed to install them simultaneously? Force one of
them? If I force it to ignore dependancies, will it cause problems? Which
one should I install first? Or should I be installing something else besides
Mesa?

Man, after using Debian's package manager, RPM is a peice of garbage...

LKembel

2. AIX 3.1.5 pcsim.... has anyone gotten a file to boot?

3. Problem with MESA package

4. AFS (Help)

5. Mesa Programming

6. SUID shells - correct behaviour ?

7. Blender And MESA

8. Can't connect 2 linux boxes

9. Mesa compilation problems

10. Problems with installing GLUT for MESA/OpenGL....

11. Hardware 3D acceleration (Mesa) for Savage?

12. Help needed on compiling MESA on linux

13. XFree86 4.0.x, DRI and Mesa/OpenGL