Updating LinuxPPC 1999

Post by ill » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:31:56

Hi,
    I have a rev.B iMac with LinuxPPC 1999 Q3 on.  I've had the CD for a
while and never got around to playing with Linux until recently (I'm
uber Newbie).  Any hoo, I would like to upgrade to the latest version.
I downloaded the script or whatever the file was off of the linuxppc.com
site that was supposed to update automatically.  My problem is that
after I do chmod and I do the
./install
I get a weird message along the lines of : "cannot run ./install not
allowed"
It says this when I'm logged in as root, What gives?

I don't have an extra partition to D/L an ISO to install from, so I
guess I need to do a server install?

Also is there a set up script or program that updates to another distro
(say Debian, or YDL), I don't care that I get LinuxPPC when I update, I
just want to update.  I have a cable modem so bandwidth isn't an issue.

thanks.
matt

1. Q: installing LinuxPPC-1999 Updates

What's the best/safest way to install all the
updates I see at :

http://ftp.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-1999/updates/

I have the 1st revision of the LinuxPPC 1999 CD-ROM, and I've
already downloaded the latest MacOS-side installer from :

http://ftp.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-1999/install/LinuxPPC-1999-Q3.bin

(I installed it once already but have been too busy to
use it.  I'm thinking a clean install with all these
new files would be a good idea.)

Chuck

2. How can I get rid of .nfsxxxx file?

3. Prob updating X in LinuxPPC 1999 Q3

4. How do you change versions of GLIB?

5. Linux 1999 "classic" -> Linux 1999 Q3

6. rc.local conventions

7. IDE Drives VANISH with LinuxPPC 1999 Q3 on iMac

8. Partition Not Recognizing

9. 3c905b with Linuxppc 1999 Q3

10. XFree86 problems since Q3 linuxppc 1999

11. recompilation of LinuxPPC 1999/Q4 ?

12. LinuxPPC 1999 and Mac OS 9

13. LinuxPPC 1999 Install Problem