Post install problem

Post by David Power » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a performa 6400 that I can get to complete installs, but when I
go to boot the linux os from my boot partition at /dev/hda6 I just get a
kernel panic, no init found.  If someone could shed some light on how I
might fix this?  And sorry if this is a FAQ.

--
David Powers

ICQ# 1363575

Post install problem

Post by Jenny Fogart » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

You actualyy have to put the partition that you choose as /root in the box
in BootX u kno the box that has root device:/dev/"BOX". In my case my hard
disk with the HFS partition is sda6 but my linux root partition is sda8 so
i write sda8 in the box!!!

> I have a performa 6400 that I can get to complete installs, but when I
> go to boot the linux os from my boot partition at /dev/hda6 I just get a
> kernel panic, no init found.  If someone could shed some light on how I
> might fix this?  And sorry if this is a FAQ.

> --
> David Powers

> ICQ# 1363575

1. SDK post-install problems

Hello people,
Well, this should be going a lot smoother than this. I've just gone
through the procedure to install Solaris SDK on v2.5 x86. When I attempt
the following, per page 31 of the "SDK Installation Guide":
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

it comes back and tells me:
setenv: file not found

ok, so I surmise I must use the C-shell, so I type:
csh
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now it tells me
LD_LIBRARY_PATH: undefined variable

C'mon, I thought this was defining it. If not, what's going on? I
followed the install procedure to the "t".

Thank you,
Craig

Name:   Craig Cullum, Engineering Technologist

Vox:    United States: 608 838 4194 or 4197 (ext.128)
Fax:    United States: 608 838 8367

Lottery: A tax on people who are not good at math. (sorry, source
unknown)

2. /usr/bin/asa

3. Post Install Problems!!!

4. rc.local

5. Post install problems

6. Linux is an amazing OS...

7. Linux Post-Install Problems

8. sound and graphics

9. Post-Install Problem

10. >> HELP! 2.1.6-RELEASE Post-install Problems! <<

11. Man Pages Install Post Solaris 8 Install

12. Form posting problem and post data issue

13. Installing optional software from jumpstart post install script