OpenBSD experience on iMac

Post by MiAr » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:55:38

I've tried to install it now several times but it just won't boot from the
hard drive.

Any more resources I can read?

Later,

Mike

OpenBSD experience on iMac

Post by MiAr » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:56:44

> I've tried to install it now several times but it just won't boot from the
> hard drive.

> Any more resources I can read?

> Later,

> Mike

Sorry for this post. Wrong group. Ignore

1. iMac experiences?

I'm thinking of getting a 333-MHz iMac and installing either
LinuxPPC or NetBSD on it.  This is intended to be a stable
work platform, not a machine for just trying things out on.

Any comments on installation, stability, availability of
ported applications, etc.?  (I've run Red Hat Linux on an
Intel machine, NetBSD on a 68K Mac, and mkLinux on a PowerMac,
but I haven't tried LinuxPPC yet.)

Please no flame wars!  Linux and NetBSD are both great
systems, but I'd really be interested in hearing other
people's experiences with how well the iMac supports them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Mitchell
--
Mitchell Spector, EnchantedLearning.com

Visit Little Explorers, Zoom Dinosaurs, Zoom Sharks, Zoom Whales,
Kindercrafts, and much more at our award-winning children's web site!
  -- http://www.EnchantedLearning.com --

2. Voice Modems?

3. Q: OpenBSD 3.0 + X +iMAC

4. TiVo Linux Source for PowerPC 403GCX

5. OpenBSD on pmax experience?

6. MS Exchange Rival

7. Experiences with OpenBSD (long)

8. dpt_i2o.c memleak/incorrectness

9. CFV: comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.announce,comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc

10. openbsd 2.7 cdrom layout, making an openbsd cd

11. CFV: comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.announce, comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc

12. perl won't compile on OpenBSD-2.9 and OpenBSD-2.9-stable.

13. ex0 hangs OpenBSD 2.8 as well as OpenBSD 2.7 (pretty long)