USB Printer and Umax C500...what kerne?

Post by Rick » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have a Umax C500 (6400/6500 clone) and a keyspan USB card. I also have
an Epson 740 with the USB interface. I would like to get them working
together. Does anyone know of a pre-compiled kernel that I can use that
will do this? At the moment, I am using the original 1999 with the Final
kernel.

Any and all help appreciated.

--
To reply by email remove NOSPAM from my address.

Post by <wi.. » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I have a Umax C500 (6400/6500 clone) and a keyspan USB card. I also have
> an Epson 740 with the USB interface. I would like to get them working
> together. Does anyone know of a pre-compiled kernel that I can use that
> will do this? At the moment, I am using the original 1999 with the Final
> kernel.

> Any and all help appreciated.

As far as I know Umax USB scanners (at least I think what you are talking
 about is a scanner) do NOT work with Linux.
Sorry :-(

Will

Post by Hamid Misn » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>> I have a Umax C500 (6400/6500 clone) and a keyspan USB card. I also have
>> an Epson 740 with the USB interface. I would like to get them working
>> together. Does anyone know of a pre-compiled kernel that I can use that
>> will do this? At the moment, I am using the original 1999 with the Final
>> kernel.

>> Any and all help appreciated.

>As far as I know Umax USB scanners (at least I think what you are talking
> about is a scanner) do NOT work with Linux.
>Sorry :-(

>Will

He was talking about Umax C500, an Apple PPC clone. There is USB kernel backport
for stable kernel 2.2.14 and can be found at www.usb-linux.org. I've no idea if
KeySpan USB card is supported tho'.

--
|Mohd Hamid Misnan | ABAPer for hire! | AMD-Linux & iMac Bondi Blue RevB    |

-                Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

1. Umax C500 not installing R5, HELP

I have tried several time to install R5 on my Umax C500. I have DLed
2.2.7 to fix a SCSI timeout loop in the first bit of the install. There
also seems to be a problem when I check for bad blocks with R5. 4.1 does
fine. I am able to get the install almost to the end, but it choked last
time looking for a mouse. I selected the 1 button ADB button, and the
emulate 3 button box, and the install stopped.

I have a Umax C500, 96 megs RAM, 1.2 gig external SCSI, USB card with
USB mouse.

From looking at the packages during the install, R5 looks like its would
be great. Any and all help appreciated.

2. Is there an Environment Variable for refering site ip????

3. LinuxPPC 4.1 on Umax c500

4. MCSE help wanted

5. UMAX C500 and Ethernet

6. ExpertColor DSV2302P with XFree86

7. MOL on Umax C500 (603e)

8. Conner 1080S SCSI drive problem

9. umax c500 ( APUS 2000)

10. Umax C500 wont install R5

11. UMAX C500/180...Anyone Try This?

12. MOL on 603e Umax C500...

13. power management on UMAX C500 Linux gateway?