Any success with UMAX S900B / G3?

Post by Yuri Gado » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am installing LinuxPPC onto a UMAX S900Base, upgraded with a Newer G3 card. It has 128mb RAM and
the stock 4MB IMS TwinTurbo. I am running into the old blank monitor syndrome. The OF seems to load
the xcoff file from the floppy as it steps for quite a while, and after it quiets down, the Scroll
Lock light comes on - however the monitor remains asleep throughout. Or maybe OF is just trying to
tell me something. I've tried a few different OF output settings, with no luck.

I'm still working on it, but if anyone has been through this with this machine, I'd rather not
reinvent the CPU.

 SenseData http://www.sensedata.com

   PGP Key http://www.sensedata.com/sensekey.txt
 Telephone 303.931.6005