3-button ADB mice

Post by Michael Bu » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Do they exist? And if so, can someone recommend a good one? Will it work
right out of the box in R5, or will I have to niggle with it?

Thanks.

3-button ADB mice

Post by Anthony D. Saxto » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Do they exist? And if so, can someone recommend a good one? Will it work
> right out of the box in R5, or will I have to niggle with it?

> Thanks.

Yes. They exist. Yes. Most work right out of the box! I'm using both an
ALPS Keyboard with a built in 3 button track pad and a Kensington Orbit
trackball with 2 buttons. Both work perfectly without any setup!

I've been posting problems concerning R5, but I've actually been using it
over my Mac OS for the last couple of weeks! I'm tickled to death that I
can again use my ALPS keyboard (It was never reliable in R4.), and the
ability to make my desktop look more like a Mac than my Mac OS does thanks
to the eMac Theme (see http://e.themes.com) for Enlightenment.

Tony

3-button ADB mice

Post by Jeroen Scheerd » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> (see http://e.themes.com)

YM"http://e.themes.org"?

-- J$
--
dash dash space
this is my .sig                                         it's not so .big

3-button ADB mice

Post by Jeremy L. Buchman » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

:> Do they exist? And if so, can someone recommend a good one? Will it work
:> right out of the box in R5, or will I have to niggle with it?
:>
:> Thanks.

: Yes. They exist. Yes. Most work right out of the box! I'm using both an
: ALPS Keyboard with a built in 3 button track pad and a Kensington Orbit
: trackball with 2 buttons. Both work perfectly without any setup!

...But some don't work out of the box.  For example, the Mouse Systems
MacPoint Pro does not.  There is a kernel path for it, but I haven't
played with it yet, as R5 has been giving me too many more serious
problems :(

Jeremy Buchmann       "Those who trade freedom for safety deserve